Payroll, construction industry scheme and automatic enrolment
Running a payroll can be time consuming and complicated. Following the implementation of real time information (RTI), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) require the electronic submission of payroll information on or before the date of payment to the employee. Our payroll bureau offers a cost-effective solution, for which you will have a dedicated point of contact and a service tailored to the needs of your business.
We are able to:
- ensure you are fully compliant with the statutory obligations contained within the PAYE and National Insurance legislation
- keep you up to date with any changes to the National Minimum Wage
- calculate SMP/SPP/SSP and holiday pay entitlements
- provide you with a comprehensive service that includes payment of expenses, HMRC remittances and payments to pension providers
- prepare separate payrolls, if required, for weekly, fortnightly, four weekly and monthly paid employees, for the same business
- provide payslips for all employees
- submit RTI information to HMRC on your behalf, following the processing of the payroll
By outsourcing this role to our in house payroll bureau it will help to relieve the pressure on your day to day activities.
For further information on our payroll services and to arrange an initial free of charge meeting, please contact us.
Construction industry scheme (CIS)
Under CIS, all payments made by contractors to subcontractors must take account of the subcontractor’s tax payments status, as determined by HMRC.
If the subcontractor does not obtain Gross Payment Status, the contractor will be required to make a tax deduction from the labour cost element of the payment.
The rules apply equally to contractors who operate as sole traders, partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited companies.
We provide complete support to businesses operating within the construction industry.
We can verify the tax payment status of subcontractors on your behalf, produce tax deduction certificates/payslips, calculate the monthly CIS tax due and prepare the monthly Returns which have to be submitted to HMRC.
There are significant penalties which apply for the late payment of CIS tax and for the late submission of CIS Returns.
For further information on our CIS services and to arrange an initial free of charge meeting, please contact us.
For the first time, all employers are required by law:
- to automatically enrol their eligible jobholders into a workplace pension;
- make a contribution to it;
- enrol non-eligible jobholders into a workplace pension if they Opt-in; and
- arrange membership of a pension scheme for entitled workers who want to join a scheme.
There are employee safeguards in place which state that employers must not:
- induce workers to Opt-out or cease membership of a scheme; or
- indicate to a potential jobholder that their decision to Opt-out will affect the outcome of the recruitment process.
We can advise on all aspects of automatic enrolment and manage the whole process for your business, if you wish.
For further information on our automatic enrolment services and to arrange an initial free of charge meeting, please contact us.